Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Being a Princess



  Someone once told me when encouraging me to look at lavish houses reaching sizes of close to 4000 square feet, that I need to wake up every day feeling like a Princess.  I used to wonder if that is really what it would take.  Well I live in my 1300 square foot house, (Plus a slightly smaller basement) it was built in the late 70's early 80s, and i am happy to  say that every day I wake up and feel like a princess, or a queen.   I wake up every morning next to the Man of my dreams, Sleeping on a King Sized bed with the head board my hubby and i made together.  Surrounded by pictures and things we have done and made side by side.  Then we kneel together to start the day with prayer.  then a hour or so later I get hugs and loves from the 3 most important people in my world.   I even have a court jester. Her name is Dot, She weighs roughly 16 pounds, but her jokes pack a heavy punch. never fail to get me smiling.  She is a Boston terrier. and a total clown.
  My walls are decorated in hand prints and pencil, and sometimes even crayon.  My kids are my resident artists. I work like a slave, but live like a queen.
  My house isn't on an acreage, its not an Italian Villa, or fancy mansion, but every day I wake up a Queen.

No comments: